An excellent way to use leftover brown rice, combining it with crunchy vegetables, microgreens, and nuts, topped with a deliciously garlicky and nutritious dressing.
Microgreen Taste Aroma Flavor Intensity
Broccoli Slightly bitter - Crunchy Mild
Prep Time: 40 mins
Keyword: Fava bean, alfalfa
Servings: 4 people
Calories: 359 kcal
· Serving dish. Baking tray.
· 4 oz broccoli microgreens rinsed and dried
· 8 oz cooked brown rice
· 1 medium-sized onion
· 2 stalk, medium (7-1/2" - 8" long) celery
· 1 green pepper
· 3 oz roasted cashew nuts
· 1 clove garlic
· 4 tbsp tomato juice
1. Place the cooked brown rice in a large serving dish.
2. Peel and chop the onion.
3. Slice the celery.
4. De-seed and dice the green pepper.
5. Mix the chopped vegetable into the rice.
6. Add cashew nuts (slightly roasted in a moderate oven or under a hot grill.)
7. Add microgreens.
8. Crush the garlic clove and add to tomato juice.
9. When ready to serve, pour dressing over the salad and toss. For more recipes and info on microgreens, go check out https://microgreensworld.com. That's where we got this recipe from!